Today is May Day. Let’s reflect on everything we would not have without a militant labor movement that was willing to fight literal battles in the streets to secure their rights:
- The minimum wage.
- The 40-hour week.
- The 10-hour day and the 8-hour day.
- Work off on weekends.
- Overtime pay.
- Safety standards and regulations.
- This and other labor holidays.
- The right to strike.
- The right to form or join a union.
- Child labor laws.
- Equal pay and anti-discrimination laws.
- And much more…
And the battles have not yet ended, friends.